ASP.NET Web API 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is published by Apress on August 2, 2014. This book has 408 pages in English, ISBN-10 1430259809, ISBN-13 978-1430259800. PDF is available for download below.
ASP.NET Web API 2 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach.
ASP.NET Web API 2 Recipes provides you with the code to solve a full range of Web API problems and question marks that you might face when developing line-of-business applications. ASP.NET Web API 2 Recipes gives you an in-depth explanation for each of these scenarios and shows you how to use Web API with a vast array of .NET application development tools and external libraries, to solve common business problems. Find out how you can build custom web services with ASP.NET Web API more efficiently than ever.
What you’ll learn
- Build stable, robust ASP.NET Web API solutions on top of the ASP.NET runtime, as well as outside of IIS.
- Take advantage of HTTP as a true application protocol, by embracing ASP.NET Web API’s rich HTTP programming model.
- Explore the power of the OWIN pipeline.
- Learn how to customize and configure every aspect of ASP.NET Web API, to suit your business needs and requirements.
- Benefit from unit testing your Web API services, routing and components, as well as integration testing of the entire Web API solution.
- Discover the secrets of building loosely coupled, reusable Web API components and extensions.
- Integrate a realtime component into your Web API.
Who this book is for
ASP.NET Web API 2 Recipes is for application developers who are creating line-of-business applications using the .NET Framework 4.5, with Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2013. Experience with ASP.NET Web API is not assumed, but you’ll have experience building ASP.NET applications and working with HTTP APIs.