Android Apps for Absolute Beginners, 3rd Edition is published by Apress on August 13, 2014. This book has 712 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484200209, ISBN-13 978-1484200209. PDF is available for download below.
Android Apps for Absolute Beginners, 3rd Edition.
Anybody can start building multimedia apps for the Android platform, and this book will show you how! Now updated to include both Android 4.4 and the new Android L, Android Apps for Absolute Beginners, Third Edition takes you through the process of getting your first Android apps up and running using plain English and practical examples. If you have a great idea for an Android app, but have never programmed before, then this book is for you.
This book cuts through the fog of jargon and mystery that surrounds Android apps development, and gives you simple, step-by-step instructions to get you started.
- Teaches Android application development in language anyone can understand, giving you the best possible start in Android development
- Provides simple, step-by-step examples that make learning easy, allowing you to pick up the concepts without fuss
- Offers clear code descriptions and layout so that you can get your apps running as soon as possible
This book covers both Android 4.4 (KitKat) and Android L, but is also backwards compatible to cover the previous Android releases since Android 1.5.
What you’ll learn
- Download, install, and configure the latest software needed for Android app development
- Work efficiently using an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Build useful, attractive applications and get them working immediately
- Develop apps for both Android 4.4 and Android L
- Create apps with ease using XML markup and drag-and-drop graphical layout editors
- Use new media and graphics to skin your app so that it has maximum appeal
- Create advanced apps combining XML, Java and new media content
Who this book is for
If you have a great idea for an Android app, but have never programmed before, then this book is for you. You don’t need to have any previous computer programming skills—as long as you have a desire to learn, and you know which end of the mouse is which, the world of Android apps development awaits!