Agile Android is published by Apress on November 20, 2015. This book has 95 pages in English, ISBN-10 1484297008, ISBN-13 978-1484297001. PDF, EPUB, MOBI is available for download below.
This concise book walks you through how to get unit testing and test driven development done on Android, specifically using JUnit 4. You’ll learn how to do agile development quickly and correctly, with a significant increase in development efficiency and a reduction in the number of defects.
Up until now getting JUnit testing up and running in Android was not for the faint hearted. However, “now it’s in Android Studio, there is no excuse,” according to author Godfrey Nolan, president of RIIS LLC. Android developers are faced with their own set of problems such as tightly coupled code, fragmentation, and immature testing tools, all of which can be solved using existing agile tools and techniques that this short book will teach you.
What you’ll learn
- What is the Agile testing pyramid for Android
- What are the Android unit testing tools and how to use them, including those found in Android Studio
- What are and how to use third party tools like JUnit, Hamcrest, Roboletric, Jenkins and more
- What is and how to use mocking, including mocking frameworks like Mockito to mock out Web Services, Shared Preferences and SQLite databases
- How to do test driven development (TDD) in Android
- How to manage legacy code and applying TDD to existing projects
Who this book is for
Android developers and IT managers. Healthcare, financial, entertainment and government. Senior developers, software architects, lead developer, IT directors, CTOs, CISOs.