Advanced Video Coding Systems is published by Springer on January 16, 2015. This book has 239 pages in English, ISBN-10 3319142429, ISBN-13 978-3319142425. PDF is available for download below.
Advanced Video Coding Systems.
This comprehensive and accessible text/reference presents an overview of the state of the art in video coding technology. Specifically, the book introduces the tools of the AVS2 standard, describing how AVS2 can help to achieve a significant improvement in coding efficiency for future video networks and applications by incorporating smarter coding tools such as scene video coding.
Topics and features:
- Introduces the basic concepts in video coding, and presents a short history of video coding technology and standards.
- Reviews the coding framework, main coding tools, and syntax structure of AVS2.
- Describes the key technologies used in the AVS2 standard, including prediction coding, transform coding, entropy coding, and loop-filters.
- Examines efficient tools for scene video coding and surveillance video, and the details of a promising intelligent video coding system.
- Discusses optimization technologies in video coding systems for reducing complexity, improving performance, and organizing compressed streams.
- Provides a review of image, video, and 3D content quality assessment algorithms.
- Surveys the hot research topics in video compression, including perceptual video compression, and Internet media-oriented compression
This invaluable work provides practical guidance for engineers on implementing the AVS2 standard, and will also prove helpful to students wishing to better understand the relevant techniques. Additionally, the book offers suggestions for researchers interested in developing smart video coding and processing frameworks for target problems.